Thursday, July 10, 2008
The flight, as usual, was long. The wait in Amsterdam was really long, with nobody to keep me company. I realized that this is the first time that I’ve really traveled by myself. All my worries about airport security and measurement equipment were for naught, considering as I wasn’t even asked for my declaration card at customs.
I was worried that nobody would be there to get me, because of some miscommunications before I arrived, but Raphael picked me up at the airport (he’ll leave for his honeymoon today). The flight was delayed for over an hour, so I arrived much later than I expected. It’s great to see some familiar faces. He and Comfort (his wife) have been staying at the East Legon house for a few nights, because they celebrated part of their wedding reception here with family on the weekend.
Kobi, the caretaker, has also been around, but unfortunately his wife is staying for a few days at the local clinic. She just delivered their first child (they got married while I was here last summer) and needed to have a caesarian. Now she is having complications from that, and we are hoping that she will be alright. Raph is mad at the pastor again, because he refused take Kobi and his wife in his car to the clinic when she was unwell yesterday. Raphael has been borrowing a car from a friend during his wedding, so he and Comfort brought them there, which was a good thing because she has an infection from the operation. It sounds like she is going to be coming home again today. I have to say, I am excited that there will be a baby around the house this summer.
Otherwise, not much to report. Ari, you will be pleased to hear that the your friend the goat has been replaced by a rather loud rooster. Or was he around last summer too? Anyways…I had no trouble waking up this morning!
I’m hoping that I will be able to start some measurements tomorrow, but I have to get everything in order first.
No comments:
Post a Comment